Roberto Firmino signs with Al-Ahli as a free agent following his departure from Liverpool.

Al-Ahli, the Saudi Arabian side, announced on Tuesday that Brazilian forward Roberto Firmino has joined them on a free transfer after leaving Liverpool.

In a video posted on Al-Ahli’s Twitter account, Firmino expressed his transition from playing for renowned teams to his current club. The 31-year-old striker has signed a three-year contract and will be playing alongside goalkeeper Edouard Mendy, who recently departed the Premier League after spending three seasons with Chelsea.

After spending the 2022-2023 season in the second division, Al-Ahli has made its return to the Saudi Pro league. However, the team is currently without a coach as South African Pitso Mosimane has departed.

Firmino, who joined Liverpool in 2015, played a significant role in the team’s success, contributing to their victories in the Champions League, FA Cup, and Premier League.

In late May, during Liverpool’s final game of the season, the Brazilian striker bid farewell to Anfield, scoring his 111th goal for the club.

In recent weeks, Roberto Firmino has joined a growing list of notable players who have made the move to the Saudi Pro league. This includes renowned players like Ballon d’Or winner Karim Benzema, N’Golo Kante, and Ruben Neves.

They have followed in the footsteps of Cristiano Ronaldo, who transferred to Al-Nassr in January.

Furthermore, the Saudi Public Investment Fund (PIF) recently unveiled the Sports Clubs Investment and Privatisation Project, which involves prominent teams such as Al-Ittihad, Al-Ahli, Al-Nassr, and Al-Hilal.

PIF holds a 75% ownership stake in each of the four clubs, while the remaining 25% is owned by their respective non-profit foundations.

Leave a Comment

Bend The Trend Boutique
For all your Unisex clothes, footwears, bags, accessories and hair extensions; Contact Bend The Trend Boutique on 0508937174

Copyright ©2024 Ted News Ghana. All rights reserved.